PROVIDENCE—The Diocese of Providence invites the faithful to a Solemn Mass of Thanksgiving for the ministry of Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday, February 28, 12 noon., at the Cathedral of SS. Peter and Paul, 30 Fenner Street. Bishop Thomas J. Tobin will celebrate the Mass on the day of the Holy Father’s resignation. All are welcome to come and show their support for Pope Benedict XVI through the Solemn Mass of Thanksgiving.
Friends of the Diocese
Latest Diocesan News
- Wed., 10.08.14: Legal Professionals to gather for Annual Red Mass
- Wed., 10.01.14: Diocese holds Prayer Vigil for Victims of Domestic Violence
- 09.25.14: Bishop Tobin’s Statement on Catholic Politicians and Abortions
- From Bishop Tobin: Pray for Priestly Vocations
- From Bishop Tobin: Divorced and Remarried Catholics – We’ve Got to Do Something!
- SAVE THE DATE: 11.02.14 – St. John the Baptist hoping ‘Mob’ will fill every pew
- Senior Priest Retirement Fund, Sept. 20th and 21st
- 09.21.14: Diocese to Recognize Milestone Wedding Anniversaries