With the election of Pope Francis, God has raised up a wonderful new shepherd for the Catholic Church. This marks a new beginning for us, a time of joy and hope; it is springtime in the Catholic Church. I know that the Catholics of the Diocese of Providence join me in expressing our loyalty and love, and our prayerful support for Pope Francis.
Latest Diocesan News
- Save the Date – 05.20.15: Lumen Gentium Awards
- From Bishop Tobin – Question: is Jorge Elorza an Atheist?
- From Bishop Tobin: Random Thoughts About the Synod on the Family
- Tues., 10.21.14: The White Mass
- Synod ends by affirming tradition, leaving controversial questions open
- From Bishop Tobin: Mother Teresa on Abortion
- From Bishop Tobin: The Prayer of St. Teresa of Avila
- Bishop Tobin’s statement on World Mission Sunday