With the election of Pope Francis, God has raised up a wonderful new shepherd for the Catholic Church. This marks a new beginning for us, a time of joy and hope; it is springtime in the Catholic Church. I know that the Catholics of the Diocese of Providence join me in expressing our loyalty and love, and our prayerful support for Pope Francis.
Latest Diocesan News
- Wed., 10.01.14: Diocese holds Prayer Vigil for Victims of Domestic Violence
- 09.25.14: Bishop Tobin’s Statement on Catholic Politicians and Abortions
- From Bishop Tobin: Pray for Priestly Vocations
- From Bishop Tobin: Divorced and Remarried Catholics – We’ve Got to Do Something!
- SAVE THE DATE: 11.02.14 – St. John the Baptist hoping ‘Mob’ will fill every pew
- Senior Priest Retirement Fund, Sept. 20th and 21st
- 09.21.14: Diocese to Recognize Milestone Wedding Anniversaries
- Bishop Tobin to begin year of Holy Hours to pray for increased vocations