“Reflect that in reality you have a greater need to serve the poor than they have of your service.” St. Angela Merici
The Office of Community Services and Catholic Charities is the umbrella organization for a cluster of social ministry programs including Immigration and Refugee Services, Elder Services, Peace and Justice Education, the Cabrini Fund Child Care Scholarship Program, Tax Assistance, and Chaplaincy Services at the State Institutions. The Office of Community Services and Catholic Charities seeks state, federal, and private funds to support and enhance these services. Staff members of the Office of Community Services and Catholic Charities operate out of One Cathedral Square, Providence as well as satellite locations in Kent County, Northern RI, South County, Blackstone Valley, and Newport County.
General Contact Information
Kathleen M. McKeon
401-421-7833, ext. 206 (P)
Services Offered at Satellite Offices:
• Keep The Heat On Fund – Heating Assistance
• Info & Referrals to Local Social Services
• Immigration & Citizenship Services
• SNAP (Food Stamps) – Application Help
• Furniture Bank Referrals
• Clothing Resources
• Food Pantries & Meal Sites
• Interfaith Community Dire Emergency Fund
• Utility, Rental, and Prescription Help
• St. Gabriel’s Call – Baby Supplies & Pregnancy Counseling
Call (401) 421-7833 x 225 for info on your local site.
• CareBreaks Program – Apply for Respite Breaks for Caregivers
• Cabrini Fund – Apply for Childcare Assistance
Some services depend on availability of funds. Some eligibility requirements apply.
Services are made available through donations from the Catholic Charity Appeal, State & Federal grants, and the generosity of local parishes.
Social Service Outreach Centers:
Project Hope/Proyecto Esperanza
Serving the Greater Blackstone Valley Area
474 Broadway Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.;
Monday & Tuesday evenings for Immigration Appointments.
Project Hope offers these services to low income families as well:
• Assistance with basic needs such as food, rent, prescriptions
• Immigration information, assistance, and representation.
• Preparation of income taxes for low-income individuals and families is available from January through April.
Kent County Office
West Warwick Senior Center (Rear)
145 Washington Street, West Warwick, RI 02893
Hours: Monday & Wednesday 9:00 – 4:00, Saturdays 9am – Noon
Newport County Office
401.619.4655 (P) General Line
401.619.4677 (P) for Gabriel’s Call
Hours: Tuesday & Thursdays 9:00-4:00
Northern RI Office
Serving Northern RI in two locations
All Saints Rectory
323 Rathbun St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
Phone 401.762.2849 Fax 356-0271
Hours: Monday & Wednesday 9:00-4:00
St. Charles Borromeo Church
190 North Main Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895
Hours: Thursday 10:00 AM – Noon
South County Office
St. Francis of Assisi Church
114 High Street, Wakefield, RI 02879-3141
Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00-3:00, Thursday 9:00-2:00